Sending text messages from your computer is a perfect life hack that saves time in everyday life. If you are going to write longer messages, or if you want to send them to several people, it is difficult to do so from your cell phone. Google thought about this and launched a service called "Google Messages". I want to tell you pronto just how it works!
Google Messages is an application that connects your computer to your mobile phone. The first time you install it, you only need to scan a QR-code with the cell phone to complete the connection. After that, you can see your SMS and answer them without having to find the cell phone. You may also group your contacts to text several people at the same time. The person who receives the message will see that it was sent from your regular mobile number. It is also possible to mix email addresses and telephone numbers in a contact group so that each recipient receives the message in the way they want.
You start by downloading Google Messages as an app to your phone. When you download the app for the first time, it will ask if you want Messages to be your default recipient for text messages, and you need to answer that with a yes. Now, only the magical connection remains. Follow the steps below, and it will be easy as pie!
1. Download "Google Messages" on your phone from Google Play or AppStore.
2. Tap the three small dots at the top right to bring up a menu.
3. Select the "Messages for the web" option.
4. Press "Scan QR-code".
5. Put down your mobile phone and turn towards the computer.
6. Open google.messages.com/web on your computer.
7. Drag the blue dot that says, "remember this computer".
8. Pick up the phone and just hold it still against the computer. Do not tap anything !!
9. Wait about a minute, and you'll see your text messages and contacts line up on the computer. It is now possible to start a chat (send an SMS) or create a group conversation (send an SMS to several people).
Next time you want to text, visit messages.google.com. You will not need to go through all the steps again if you were careful with instruction number 7.
Skriv något om dig själv. Det behöver inte vara mycket, bara en översikt.
I am the technician who became a librarian, but who got tired of the quiet and peaceful life at the library and started working as a teacher. I brought with me everything I knew about databases, information retrieval and networks and soon I was an ICT-educator. Today, I work as a teacher at Komvux in Norrköping.
I have always had a nerdy great interest in technology. I can find interest in everything from robots to model railroads or the steel industry of the industrial revolution. Technology should take us forward and prevent us from everything boring. You need to dare to be somewhat lazy and ask yourself if there is no easier way to get something done. The human desire to get away is what has driven the technical development and find time for other things. Like model railroads, for instance!
© COPYRIGHT 2020.